Sunday, March 8, 2015

Bali: New Beginnings

I can feel that this Thursday will be the beginning of the end. The End of an amazing chapter in my nomadic Book of Life. I began my travels ten years ago, a woman on a mission to find herself; a wanderer, a wonderer. My travels first took me from the middle of South Carolina where I was born, raised and spiritually dead (no fault to the Carolinas) to so many beautiful and balmy beaches along the gulf coast of Florida, where I became a Neuromuscular Massage Therapist in 2005. Now, in 2015, I have traveled using my hands for massaging and my hoops for healing all around the world. WV, TX, LA, TN, PA, NC, GA, AZ, CA, OR, NV, Maui, Big Island, Australia, Peru and now….Bali. Bali has been at the top of my list since the moment I decided “I’m leaving Florida to travel the world”. Finally, I’m doing it! It feels so amazing, blessed, luxurious and well...scary.

Yep, I said it. I’m a little nervous. I know that this is going to be another one of those times where I feel completely humbled and kind of silly as an awkward American. English is my only fluent language. I need to brush up on my Balinese. Or, learn my first few words of it, actually. And the Culture! The culture seems so rich and authentic compared to the image based, technological and material culture of The States. I can already tell this is going to be a bit of a ‘culture shock’, and honestly I am ready. I invite a bit of a graceful shock to my system so that I may detach from the non-beneficial aspects of my American culture and begin to embrace something new and more beneficial to my ability to positively impact others.

I am going to Bali because I was invited to blog, teach, massage and emcee at an amazing event that is held twice a year in two super sacred and simply gorgeous locations; Bali, Indonesia and Sedona, Arizona. I have been teaching and offering healing work and guidance sessions at hoop dance events since 2008, and at SC Sedona since 2013. I am so honored to now be taking a role as mentor in mystical Bali. Thank you, Universe! Great Spirit is smiling upon me, I can feel her warmth.

I can also feel her protection. I choose to stay protected while traveling from any disease carrying mosquitos (I was fine in Peru and I feel sure that Bali is only infested a fraction of what it was like in the Amazon). I choose to stay protected from theft, illness, injury, bad spirits, bad luck, and anything that does not serve me in my fullest. I have heard that Bali brings RAPID spiritual development, and for this I am ready, yet I know what this can mean….So I am calling on all of this growth with the intention of Ease, Grace, Gentility and Gratitude always! 

I recognize that this trip is the end of a seven year travel stint, and that after this I will begin to slow my rolling stone. Not to a complete stop, but to a slow and steady rhythm that will allow for more family and focus. The beginning of the end sure is beautiful, and then again, the ending is only just the beginning. That is the nature of the Sacred Circle. Each point a prophecy fulfilled in it’s own right. Blessings as you sustain your own sacred spin around this planet!


1 comment:

  1. I AM so excited to see what the next chapter of our life has in store for Our family unit. I Love creating with you, Beloved. I AM excited about creating a home life with you. Rooting down and cultivating our gifts, to then emerge once again and Share them with the world. Thank you for walking stride for stride with me Boo. ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete