Thursday, March 26, 2015

Day 18: The BegENDing

Today is the last day of Week Two Sacred Circularities Hoop Dance & Movement Meditation Retreat. Week Three begins tomorrow. I can feel the energy cultivating for me and the others who have been here since Week One. After SC is complete I am performing two different nights at Bali Spirit Fest. Dreams really do come true! These are dreams I have been curating since 2012 when I was in Australia. Bali felt so close yet so far away. It’s beautiful and challenging all at once, because the one person I wish could experience this with me is thousands of miles away at his new house with his beautiful children in Austin, TX. It feels amazing to be living out my most personally rewarding achievements, and at the same time I feel like theres a bit missing, and it’s my Beloved. I so wish he could be here, being my DJ, my right hand man, my best friend. I grew up an only child, so it’s easy for me to be on my own on big trips like this, however, after we went to Peru together I realize how much I love traveling with the one I love most. We look after each other and lift each other up. Le Sigh. He is as supportive as he can be considering he is in Texas with his three children, doing the “Dad of the Year” thing. We love each other very much and are trusting that this distance for two months will only make us stronger. In the meantime....I do my makeup for the Instructor Photo shoot. Glitter...check. Feathers....check. White Light Attire....check. 
Camera Ready! 

After we took a few group photos and individual shots it was time for African Dance. I observed African Dance instead of fully participating this time to let my ankle that I twisted fully heal. It was so much fun to watch all of my sisters shake, sweat, laugh and cry and heal with dance. Malaika is such a beautiful facilitator of shamanic movement and female empowerment. I have mentioned it in previous blogs but I am so happy and honored to have studied with Malaika. Her mentorship and movement inspire many.

After breakfast was the Closing Circle. There were tears of joy and gratitude all around. This event changes peoples lives. Bali changes peoples lives. Bali plus Sacred Circularities alters the way people perceive the world around them forever, so naturally the Closing Circle is a sobering moment for some as they realize they now must return to ‘real life’. There was one extra special moment where a little girl who had been present for the week, named Shanti, was passed the microphone to share her experience and she said her name (she is three years old) and then in the cutest little voice she sang ‘Let It Go’ in Spanish (she is also Peruvian). Then I cried because it is really special to hear a little girl sing her sweet song without abandon. No self doubts. Only self expression! It was a heart melting moment for us all, hearing her angelic voice remind us of why we are all hear....to express our inner child FULLY. This Closing Circle was special because it was all women. There is something to be felt when dozens of women gather together to celebrate being in their bodies, their communities and their creativity. I love this hoop community like family, and that will never change.

The latter part of the afternoon consisted of an Instructor Meeting and a few private sessions of Human Design Readings. Serving and sharing with my community will always be at the forefront of my passion and purpose. I am learning how to balance my family of heart and hoop, my travel, my writing and my personal practice of dance training. This will be my focus upon return to my real life. I say ‘real life’ with gratitude because this actually IS my Real Life! From Hoop Gatherings to Festivals to exotic lands...it’s been my real life. After this trip and my month on Maui for Omni Love’s birth, I will be stepping into a reality that is less travel and more focus on work and family, so I am really soaking up the epicness of this exotic adventure. I am grateful to be able to create my life exactly as I choose, and I love every aspect of it. If you are interested in creating a life you love, and wanting to talk with me about how to begin that journey, click here and tell me about it. I’ll listen, and we can talk! Thank you, as always, for coming with me on this unique experience. I look forward to the 21 days ahead. 
Staying Present,

Shellie White Light

1 comment:

  1. Simply, Thank you, Beloved. I really feel like you get me. I know you will never know what it is like to be here while you are there, and I feel your compassion. Yes, I want to be there, standing next to the stage, handing you water, with a big hug and kiss, as you come off Beaming at Spirit Fest. Plant some amazing seeds, because WE are going to Bali and surrounding counties in a big way next year! Promise! I know it is all perfect, and I AM so Great-Full for ALL the amazingness that had taken place here in my life. So again, Thank You, Merci, Gracias, Ichi Iraku, Mahalo Nui Loa for being my Teacher, Student, Best Friend, and Beloved of my Dreams~ <3

    ReplyDelete